The Vallelunga Racetrack "Piero Taruffi" is an Italian motorcycle racing circuit located 30 kilometers north of Rome, in Campagnano of Rome. The Vallelunga Racetrack was officially entitled to Piero Taruffi on October 12th 2006. The Vallelunga Racetrack was founded in 1951 by the transformation of a racecourse. The first car race was held on December 9 on a sandy track. the asphalt track that includes two tracks (International and Club) was built in 1957, according to the pilot / engineer Piero Taruffi. In 1961 the Vallelunga Company (still owned by the Fish family) enters an agreement with the District of Campagnano of Rome, the area where the racetrack lies, to double the length of the track. In 1967, when the track became property of the Automobile Club of Italy, was added a new turn.  In 1970 it was inverted the direction of motion and were fabricated the buildings of the pits, the race control, the press room and the bleachers. Other innovations of the track were made in 1971. During summer 2005 were completed more innovations and expansions: it was built a new race control tower, escape routes and improved infrastructures were increased, and, above all, were added many kilometers of track: getting out of the turn "Cimini 2", the path doesn’t continue straight but bends uphill proceeding by a short straight road then turning right into "Campagnano" turn, then you will face with a short straight road through the turn "Soratte " which connects to the old circuit at the height of the “Trincea”.
This has reached the total length of 4,085 m and 4,110 m for cars for motorcycles. With the new configuration, the track, which in 2004 had received the FIA certification for Formula 1 testing, has become very attractive for maximum formula and has been the testing home to several Formula 1 teams such as Scuderia Ferrari, Williams F1, Toyota F1 Team and BAR-Honda. The test activities involves the Lazio track in winter time, and hosts in the track many different categories, such as WTCC, Le Mans Series, FIA GT and Formula. The most important event is the annual event of endurance, called the 6 Hours of Vallelunga. In the summer of 2006 were built new pits. In 2007 and 2008 the circuit hosted a round of the World Superbike Championship 2007. For this occasion have been expanded the straight road where the race starts, and the press room, were built new bleachers too. The circuit has also a runway length of 1,200 meters, destined mainly to the activities of the Federal School rally, and a new specific track for SUVs. The racetrack area also features a conference center, a hotel and other activities and services. Inside the complex you can also visit the archaeological site "Roman road", with almost 500 square feet of archaeological finds of cultural value. Since early 2004, next to the track it is available the ACI-SARA Safe Driving Centre which hosts the driving courses for cars, motorcycles, trucks, caravans and campers.
This center uses simulation systems with water walls, surfaces with differentiated adherence and hydraulic systems to cause the skid of each type of vehicle. Since 2010 the Vallelunga racetrack is powered by a photovoltaic system that makes the whole complex of energy structures with zero impact.
• Year of built: 1951
• International Circuit length: 4,085 m (4,110 m for motorcycles)
• Circuit Club length: 1746 m
• Direction: Clockwise
• Width: min 11 m - 14 m max
• Curve: Turns: right 6 - Left 6
• Curve radius: 23 m min - max 166 m
• Bleachers capacity permanent Goal: 5,000 spectators
• Bleachers capacity temporary Hill: 15,000 spectators
• Meadow Capacity: 12,000 spectators
• Capacità totale: Total capacity: 32,000 spectators
• Stewards Stations: 22 with radio
• Box: 24 • Fuel dispenser: in the Paddock